Thursday, December 15, 2005

County Lock-Up: The Hip New Place to Meet Other Singles

I've heard of singles meeting other singles in all kinds of places. Work, school, blind dates, speed dating, grocery stores, running clubs, etc. However, until yesterday, I had no idea that love connections are also made at the county lock-up at juvenile court. This is a story of romance that proves that love can flourish in the most unlikely places.

So yesterday, I learned that I had a new client waiting for me in lock-up. I went up there, secured an interview room, and began to talk to him about his case. He was getting out soon so I took down the address and telephone number where I could reach him after his release.

At one point in our interview, I noticed him looking out the door at something I couldn't see from my angle. He was so interested in whatever it was, that he had completely stopped listening to me. Out of curiosity, I asked what he was looking at. He told me that there was a "hot girl" out there in the hall. I assumed he was referring to one of the female sheriff deputies and we continued with our discussion.

Just before the end of the interview, he asked me to write down his name, address and telephone number. I told him that I already had that information. He asked me to do it anyway. Thinking he just wanted to be sure I had the info, I took it down again. Then he asked me to tear off the paper where I had written the info and give it to him. Again, I was confused, but I did so at his urging. After we were done talking, a deputy came to take him back to the holding cell.

On the way back to his cell, I saw the "hot girl" he had been looking at. Turns out, she was an inmate. As he walked by, he flashed her a big smile and said, "Hey Boo, how you doing?" He was surprisingly charming. She smiled and blushed as she told him she was good. At that point, he asked the deputy if he could give her a crumpled up piece of paper he had in his hand. The deputy said yes and my client threw the woman the paper that had his name and phone number on it. He then pantomimed a phone with his handcuffed hand said, "Call me." She smiled and nodded.

I really need to introduce some of my single friends to this guy so they can get some pointers. I mean, to pick up a girl under those circumstances, he's got game! I'm currently working on a screenplay for a romantic comedy based on the incident. I'm hoping to get Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan to play the leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home