Friday, January 06, 2006

The Pre-school Al-Qaida Cell

My last post featured a child's quote that seemed just a bit too perfect. Here's another one, clearly the quote of the week:

“I don’t want to be on the list. I want to fly and see my grandma.”
- Four-year-old Edward Allen's reaction to being told he is on the TSA's "no-fly" list.

A dangerous combination of Bush fear-mongering and tragic lack of common sense apparently delayed a family's air travel last month.

4-year-old turns up on government ‘no-fly’ list
Confusion over boy's name trips up family’s journey home for the holidays


Updated: 3:58 p.m. ET Jan. 5, 2006

HOUSTON - Edward Allen’s reaction to being on the government’s “no-fly” list should have been the tip-off that he is no terrorist.

“I don’t want to be on the list. I want to fly and see my grandma,” the 4-year-old boy said, according to his mother.

Sijollie Allen and her son had trouble boarding planes last month because someone with the same name as Edward is on a government terrorist watch list.

My favorite part of the article is when, on the return trip, the ticket agent tells them that they should be grateful that the airport people aren't bigger idiots. I'm curious as to the exact nature of the "other process" mentioned in the article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home